Edit: this title has absolutely nothing to do with growing illegal herbs! It's just the silly way I say "pottery" sometimes.
Tuesday, I spent the whole day at my studio in the fiber shop. Elias dropped me off on his way to work before 8am and picked me back up after work around 5:15. I took my camera with me but didn't take any pictures again; that'll have to wait till next time.
I spent most of the day adding handles to a batch of mugs that I had thrown last week. I used to be able to add a handle in under 7 minutes, but I'm rusty and it was kinda a dreary, slow sort of day. I enjoyed playing with my stamps, adding just a little extra to the thumb rests. I'd like to make more stamps soon; they're so much fun and add lots of character to the pottery.
After finishing the mugs, I spent a good amount of time working on my "branching out" scarf. I wish it was done; it's perfect weather to be using it. I also chatted with the alpaca lady with whom I'll be attending an alpaca show later this month. She loves my pots and we're going to work out a trade for one of her fleeces to be sheared in the spring. One of her girls she described as a very rich rusty brown color; I think I'll choose that one. Hopefully, I can get out and meet all her alpacas soon.
Today is another dreary, rainy day. After lunch, the kids and I will get out the Lord of the Rings monopoly game and bake cookies.
-Jayne
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment