Saturday, August 2, 2008

Waiting for the call



This is my anniversary/birthday gift. We bought it through ebay from a seller who just happens to be traveling through our area today. They'll be meeting us at a store along the highway; just 20 minutes from our house. We'll be off to get it soon; the lady said she'd call when they got close and that it should be sometime in the early evening. I can't wait!!

I actually know nothing about looms other than that I loved working on one when I was in high school and we did rag rugs. I'm very excited about learning, though I fear it'll be a long time until I have enough of my handspun wool to weave enough fabric to make a dress. I suppose it's best to practice on some smaller projects first anyway.

The loom is listed as being 28" wide and able to weave fabric 20" and comes with a stand. It was handmade 40 years ago and purchased by the seller at an estate auction. It looks like it's been well cared for and probably will work fine once I figure out how to warp it. However, my husband is very mechanically minded and insists that if it needs fixing, he can handle it.

I don't like waiting,

Jayne

No comments: