Friday, October 24, 2008

Craft fair on the square


Last Saturday, I got my pots out for a craft fair; my first one in several years. Like many artists, I love my craft and making things but the marketing and selling, not so much! In the last several months I've been given a space to work in the back of our town's one and only yarn and fiber shop, Raven's Nest. I've also got some of my work in another downtown business for consignment. I'm looking forward to developing the space I've been given to get back into production. There isn't a 220 line in the space for my kiln, and the kiln itself needs rewiring. I got it cheap because there is something wrong with the kiln sitter, which is a mechanism that shuts off the kiln at a certain temperature. My Sweetie, being the handy fellow he is can easily fix that. I also lack shelves for the kiln. Once these are taken care of I'm in business!


Thanks to this Saturday's profits, I now have the cash to buy the kiln shelves. Coincidentally, Raven and another friend (who raises alpacas) will be going to an alpaca show after thanksgiving in the nearest town (still several hours away) that has a pottery supply store, and I've been invited to come along with them!!

Such excitement!!
-Jayne

No comments: