
He was so cute! His tabby markings are even noticeable in his baby coat.

Solomon was born April fool's day in 2001. My sister, who was neighbors with his mother's owner brought him to me as a college graduation present.

I couldn't have picked out a more perfect cat for myself; he grew into a cat that was everything I loved in other cats. He certainly suits my artistic sensibilities; a more elegant and sculptural animal I've not seen.

He is athletic and playful (we actually used to play tag). He can jump in one leap to the top of the 'fridge. Of course, he's had his mischievous moments too.

He does lack friendliness, but I attribute that to all he's had to endure at the hands of some very mischievous but generally well-intentioned kids.

Now that he's gotten older, he spends less time playing and more time cuddled up in cozy spots to sleep.
Since we've gotten Gus, he's been more cranky; but he's finally forgiven me and does seek me out several times a day for attention. Solomon is a one person cat, and I'm glad that I get to be his person. I hope for many more years to enjoy his company.
Here he is in a picture I took a couple of days ago, he's definately wearing his grumpy face:

-Jayne

No comments:
Post a Comment