
Alto-Cumulus clouds on the first week of the year; the day was cold but bright.
I've decided that this year I'm going to be keeping a nature journal. It's something I've tried to do now and again but never stuck with it. The problem is that I put off writing a journal entry till I have more time to "do it right" and, of course, that time never shows up. This time, I've printed out forms to help me. Each page is a week and has several lines for each day. I keep it out at my desk to remind me. Even if all I do is note the day's temperatures and whether or not it's a cloudy day, I'm still making an entry. It is my hope to be more aware of the seasons and the little changes that come with them. For instance, I'll be noting when flowers begin to bloom this spring and when I see my first butterflies.
The same day I took the cloud picture I also noted seeing several cardinals making snacks out of the seed-pods hanging off the back yard weed tree. I hadn't noticed this before and now make a point of watching for them while I'm out with the dogs.
I'm also re-learning cloud ID. So far, I've mainly used this website which I had bookmarked back when I was still homeschooling. I hope to eventually connect what sort of weather patterns one would expect along with the cloud types. Already I'm noticing more and am making a point of spending more time outside (which the dogs are really loving)
-Jayne

No comments:
Post a Comment