Here it is:

and the inside:

I enjoyed the project so much that I made another for Matthias to take along to his civil war re-enactments. It's probably a bit fancy for a private, but then again, even lowly privates had loved ones at home making things for their boys away at the war. I thought I had a picture of this one already but can't find it so I'll have to show that one to you later.
This one is the start for my own needle-book. I love the art nouveau feel of this design.

Hope you all are keeping warm. We mostly missed the big storm; all we got was about a half inch of snow but it is very cold. In fact, I'm writing this as a few bunny water bottles float in hot water in the sink. In the morning I thawed out the bottles and over the course of the day the ones closest to the door of the bunny barn partially re-froze. Oh well, soon enough we'll be complaining about the hot summer.
-Jayne

No comments:
Post a Comment