
They have a very neat pattern across the tops

And firm white fleshy interiors (I was expecting green spores on the inside like the little puffballs common in the forest in Michigan where I grew up that my brother would collect to smush on our heads)
I did a little research and discovered that while the interior is white, before it matures & turns a purplish-brown that it is actually edible, but not particularly tasty. They are called Calvatia CyathiformisOn another note, I have been keeping up with my Wii Fit workouts and am still enjoying it, as long as Matthias isn't home to laugh me doing the "girl's" push-ups or any of the silly looking yoga poses. I've also jumped into another challenge that I'd been wanting to do for quite a while: The Eowyn Challenge. Basically, you keep track of your mileage during workouts and chart them on a map of Middle Earth (I'm using a pedometer so I can count all the walking I do in a day; it's more than you'd think: today I walked 2.1 miles and that's with me skipping my regular workout.) On Ravelry, there's a group that is doing this together, but they're starting at Rivendell because they did the Hobbington to Rivendell leg of the journey last year. I'll try to share here as I reach the different landmarks just 'cause it's fun.
-Jayne

No comments:
Post a Comment