Thursday, July 3, 2008

For the beauty of the earth!

For the glory of the skies!

For the love which from our birth over and around us lies!




Lord of all, to thee we raise,
this our hymn of grateful praise!


These are pictures taken on our recent canoeing and camping trip. Spending time in such a beautiful place leaves me with such a feeling of awe. God is great and his greatness is stamped into all his creation! It is a shame we don't recognize that same beauty in our day to day surroundings. It's there, we just don't take time to notice.


That includes the greatest of God's creation, his people. I don't mean just our friends and family, but also people who are harder to love or who we'd rather avoid. God has such a heart for all people, especially those in need and hurting. Shouldn't we who call ourselves Christian have a heart like his and look on people with love and mercy instead of judgment? I know I find it all too easy to get complacent and just live in my own safe little world.


Well, I wasn't expecting to go in that direction. I guess you have to be careful when you start typing 'cause ya never know where you'll end up. That's ok, though, it's a good thing to have said. I rarely speak about my faith so freely in person; maybe this journal will help me develop more of a boldness that I need.


What I was going to talk about was how amazing it is to sit on a still, quiet morning watching the mist rise from the river. It was so peaceful and full of life and hope for the coming day. I'd love to someday live in such a place and start every morning like that.


More canoe pictures to come next time.
Bye for now,
Jayne

No comments: