
Surprise!
These guys were not planned; they are a testament to the reproductive abilities of rabbits. When a Bunny decides that the clock is ticking, they find a way; nothing can keep them apart. I don't how she figured out how to get out (and apparently let herself back in) for a night on the town, but these super cute little squeakers are the result.

Their mother is doing a great job keeping their little bellies full. She's attentive and protective but not to the point that she won't let me look at them. So who is the mother you may ask? Well, she's not even an angora.
Whitefoot is a pet bunny that someone got tired of and let loose several months ago. She hung around in my yard for many days before I finally got her to trust me enough that I could catch her. She's been living with my angoras ever since and a good thing too; that same week I saw another pet rabbit that wasn't so lucky -on the side of the road. It's a sad thing that people won't take responsibility for the animals that they bring home.
Luckily, I've already found someone to give Whitefoot and her bundles of joy a new home where they won't get tossed out just because the kids aren't interested in them anymore.
-Jayne

No comments:
Post a Comment