Thursday, December 11, 2008

Thanksgiving fun


Ok, so I'm a bit late writing about this, but I'm nothing if not a procrastinator. My parents and Grandma came to visit the Sunday through Wednesday before Thanksgiving. We stayed up late and chatted, then got up and sat around the breakfast table and chatted some more. We made the obligatory visit to Walmart (why is it that we always go there when you guys visit?) and made a stop into the yarn shop. It was a lovely and very enjoyable visit. My Mom also came prepared, as she usually does, with a project for us to do together. I came by my craftiness quite honestly; it's a longstanding family tradition. Anyway, this visit's project was painting window/door sill kitties.













We also spent some time working on yarn projects: we got Mom hooked on wool yarn and bamboo knitting needles and Grandma showed me how to crochet and worked on a baby blanket.

As it turned out we had two early Thanksgiving meals and then on Thanksgiving day itself; we just had cheesy bean dip and chips while sitting around watching old movies.

Happy Birthday Jessica!

-Jayne

No comments: