Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Fiber update

Ok, first off we have two more items that were finished for July's Work In Progress (WIP) Wrestlemania:

Knitted "Chainmail" for a young knight, modeled here by my faithful (much loved & sadly abused) BigBear



A newborn sized baby hat made of 80%cotton/20& wool for a baby soon to be born in Texas (Gotta keep that baby head nice & warm, but not too warm!)



My first skein of silk, finished just in time for the Spindler's group July theme spin "Renaissance". This will eventually be woven into a veil for my SCA persona and is part of my A&S 50 challenge (which I have sadly neglected of late, though this blog was started for that reason). Anyway, this is about half an ounce (I have 5 ounces total) and made about 350 yards.



And finally, some progress on my "Vinnland" socks, I have actually knitted another 3 or 4 inches up the ankle since this picture was taken. I love the patterning on this even though it's taking forever. I sure hope these last me a long time; I tend to be hard on my socks :(



I also overdyed the daylily-dyed fiber with rose of sharon blossoms and am pleased with the result: it turned more green. Eventually I'll get pics to show that off soon.

-Jayne

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I enjoyed seeing our old friend big bear though I remember when he was a bit more rotund