I think it's been two years now since we bought these chairs with the ugly, stained seat covers:

It had been my intention to recover them immediately, but you know how that goes with me :) As it turns out there were two other layers under the first one. I didn't bother to take the others off, but the top one was so dirty and poorly attached. The others just added to the padding, right?

And now we have the finished chair:

I used some neat fuzzy fabric that I was given by Mr. Mac. His high school sweetheart wife passed away last year and he didn't have the heart to just throw out all the fabric she had accumulated. That kinda sounds morbid, but I do hope that someday all the craft supplies I'm accumulating can go to someone who will appreciate it and use it. Anyway, considering that we'd have to travel nearly an hour away to get to the nearest fabric store, I really appreciated having something nice on hand.
By for now,
-Jayne

No comments:
Post a Comment