I've mentioned before about the Little House on the Prairie read-a-long that I'm participating in. However, I've neglected to inform you that we now have our own
Frontier Gazette that is published monthly as part of our activities. You are welcome to join in the fun and read along with us and try some of the crafts and baking associated with each chapter. Today's post is a bit of a teaser for my upcoming article contribution to the gazette.
My husband and I enjoyed a Saturday spent in the 19th century this last weekend, these are a few photos from that excursion:
Sunset over the sorghum cane.

A wash basin in the upstairs bedroom of the larger cabin.

And a mystery. What do you think this device was used for; I'd love to hear your guesses before I reveal mine.

-Jayne
1 comment:
Oh I can't wait to hear what that barrel does. I see it tips, and I thought first maybe some sort of mould or something that would pour into a mould, but how would it get heated?
Do tell!
Post a Comment