Tuesday, October 13, 2009

News Flash

Elias' eldest daughter, Jenny called last night shortly after midnight. Listening to his garbled, not quite awake and barely coherent response I could at least tell whatever was happening was good news. The purpose of the call: Jenny was reporting that her water had broke and little Isabella is on the way!

So, sometime today, Elias & I will become grandparents!

-Jayne
(wife of the grandpa, 'cause, yes, I'm too young to be a grandma in my own right :)

Edit: Another call just came in; Isabella came breeched so they had to do a c-section. Both Mom & baby are doing well. She was not feeling up to a long talk, so I'll get more details later. (That, and I never seem to remember to ask all those important questions about size, weight, etc)

Edit #2 She weighed in at 7lbs, 11 oz and is 20 inches long. Her hair is dark.

2 comments:

Living44 said...

Congratulations to your family!
HatsFineandFancy

Sarah said...

Congrats on the new addition to your family.