This last Friday and Saturday I was busy running my first yard sale. Now, I've helped out at other yard sales, but had never done one myself. I was pretty much on my own too. Matthias helped me set up Friday morning before heading off to work, then was gone to a reenactment Saturday. Elias helped me set up Saturday, then went off to get some much needed yard work done. I'll tell ya, it was exhausting!! For someone as introverted as I am, sitting around waiting for strangers to come to my house and smiling and trying to make small talk is very hard work indeed. Now I've got to figure out what to do with the stuff that remains. Unfortunately, that includes most of the clothes. Do people not go to yard sales for clothes anymore? I had lots of nice long sleeved shirts and sweaters, all clean and in good repair (and at just $1/item), but nobody seemed interested. If we have nice weather this next weekend I'll try it again, otherwise I guess I'll have to sort the name-brand stuff for the consignment stores and take the rest to the salvation army.
Alright, now on to the fuzzies! I've got a selection of Chloe and Bear pictures from last February. They sure do carry on; I sometimes worry people driving by will think I'm training fighting dogs. Really, they're just having fun, playing.




-Jayne

No comments:
Post a Comment