Friday, November 27, 2009

Surprises

I've been the recipient of some very lovely surprises lately. Here they are for all of you to Oohhh & Ahhhh over:

A box of very soft & squishable yarns in a great variety of colors sent by Alexis in California. I've already used up the teal/purple variegated stuff that you see in the left foreground and am working on the pale pink that is just peaking out in the left background. I've been making blocks for my scrap sock yarn blanket.



This is a project sent to me from my Little House swap partner, Charlene in Ontario. It was included with a letter, as a circle of cloth and instructions. The circle is gathered up with loose stitches, stuffed with fiber-fill and pulled closed. A button is added in the middle of the top & petals are formed by looping some embroidery floss & pulling tight. This was such a fun project that I couldn't stop there; I found some co-ordinating fabric and made a leaf and a wrist band.



Another RAK from a fellow Reclaiming the Home lady, Angela, a set of calligraphy supplies, a packet of wildflower seeds and a friendly little letter in a very cool card. The inks are actually scented; very cool. I'm now very much inspired to write more letters with my beautiful inks & pen, if only I'd quit procrastinating! I have, of course, written a quick "thank you" to her:



I feel like Amy, the younger sister from Little Women (which I just finished listening to via Librivox and enjoyed immensely) "I've had ever so many limes and can't repay them." I'd like very much to surprise and spoil some of the others on the list, but currently lack the funds for postage. Of course, that's the lovely thing about a random act of kindness, it never looks for any return.

I do have a package put together for the Little House Swap that will be sent out tomorrow. I wish I could be there when she opens it!

Until later,
Jayne

No comments: