Thursday, February 5, 2009

Ice on the Square

Today's ice pictures are from my town's historic square. Wednesday, Elias and I ran around town looking for somewhere to exchange/refill a propane tank, just in case it did turn out to be a week or more until we got power. This was one of the cases of how you are better off depending on the local folks. None of the stores where propane tanks are usually exchanged were opened, neither was the "hometown" energy place. The guy with a shop on the square who sells gas heating fireplaces and bbq grills and who usually only deals with propane in big tanks was open. He was working to get a pump and generator to work the pump to fill people's small tanks off of his big storage one behind the shop. We were told to check back in a few hours, that it should be set up by then. We did, and were able to get propane there. Anyway, while there at the square I enjoyed a little photography time:











This cute birdie is a cedar waxwing. In looking over bird id books, I've always thought that they were a particularly beautiful bird. This one and it's mate are the first I've ever seen live. I'm looking forward to spending time here in the spring, to see if I can see their hatchlings.

-Jayne

No comments: