Thursday, February 12, 2009

I've been RAKed!

Earlier this week, I received a wonderful surprise. The mailman brought me: not a bill, not another credit card offer, but a package! I didn't order anything, so I was very curious. It was from a wonderful lady all the way over in California. I called out to the girls so they could enjoy the excitement of opening the surprise box:



It was a RAK (random act of kindness) from a fellow member of the ravelry (online knitting community) group called Reclaiming the Home. There's some really nice yarn in there; I just can't choose my favorite. There are 13 balls of yarn; here's a closer look at a few that aren't as visible in the group above:


This one is a contender for designation of favorite; it's a much deeper wine color than the picture shows.


I love how shimmery this one is.


The color of the deep blue sea, a very pretty and calming color.

In other news, I've finished the top secret project: a jean quilt that I'd been working on for a few years now. I got it out and decided I'd finish it in secret to surprise Elias for his birthday, which was yesterday. It's a bit heavy and a little rustic looking, but very warm. He was very pleased, and I was glad to be able to keep it a secret this long.



Of course, I also have new-spun yarn to show off as well: multi-colored 100%angora. These are all the colors of my bunnies.



-Jayne

No comments: