Friday, July 31, 2009

Dance at Grandpa's

This last week my parents came for a visit. Along with a shipment of vernors ginger ale and Mom's chocolate chip cookies, they brought a set of Little House books so I have finally caught up with the read-a-long. Last week's chapter covers a family gathering to make maple syrup & sugar. Whenever a family gathers there is sure to be good food & fun times (which I enjoyed with my folks too!), in this case there was a dance. I really enjoyed this chapter and the feeling of anticipation of the girls getting ready and the excitement and gaiety of the dance itself with the fiddles playing and skirts swishing! It reminded me of the balls we've been to; they really are just good ol' fashioned fun! So, today, I've searched back through some of my old ball pictures to show to you all.

Virginia Reel:



Soldier's Joy:



Our Favorite, Sweetheart's Prominade:



Matthias & Jenai ready for the Carolina Prominade:



I'll try to post another video next,
-Jayne

No comments: