Friday, May 15, 2009

Fuzzy Friday

For today's cute fest, I have the pictures I took of my first four bunnies. This was pre-digital days for me, so these were scanned in and not the best in quality. I had to search far and wide to find my angoras, and ended up having to drive 4 hours away (then another 4 back with a van full of bunnies)

This is Sophia, my oldest bunny by a month. She turned 5 years old last December. It took her quite a bit of time to warm up to me, even now she's still my feistiest bunny.


Here's Ludmilla; she was my sweetest bunny and the most timid. I loved her greatly and was very sad when she died unexpectedly last year. I kept one of the bucks from her first litter, and named him Sebastian; he inherited her quiet, gentle spirit.


Next up is Leo; he's a silly little fellow.





Finally, we have Dimitri. I hadn't planned on getting two bucks when I went to buy my rabbits, but he was such a handsome fellow. I'm very glad he looked at me with those big brown eyes and convinced me to bring him home too. He has such a curious, outgoing personality!






-Jayne

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dimitri looks just like my Mrs. Weasley. I love the red/fawn color. Do you let them run free all the time?

Jayne said...

Hi Mary,
I'd never tell any of the others, but Dimitri has always been my favorite boy.
I do wish I had a kennel-like set up so each rabbit could have its own run attatched to its house, but I try to get them out often for suprovised exersize/grazing time. The neighborhood dogs that run loose around here prevent letting them stay out, so they spend most of the day in their houses inside my shed (aka: the bunny barn)