Friday, May 22, 2009

Thursday Sketch

Ok, so I'm a bit late posting this, but I did the painting on time. After spending WAY more time outside painting and enjoying the pleasantly warm breeze, I had lots to get done in the house, followed by canoe practice and throwing together supper, then, all the sudden, Thursday was over!

Anyway, here is the result, a 4" x 5 1/2" acrylic painting. The subject is a male Oleria quadrata butterfly feeding on an aster.



It is native of Ecuador, so you can bet I didn't paint this from life. I have a scrap-book of sorts; and artist's research book. I cut out pictures from magazines like the Smithsonian that I buy 12 for $1 at our library sale and glue them onto a card stock page in my notebook. I'm the type of artist that likes to research my subjects and paint true to life. I have to laugh when I'm described as creative, because, really I'm not at all. Most of what I paint or draw is not made up but drawn from numerous sources. I'm constantly feeding my mind images, so, in reality, I'm just a good compiler.

Until later today when I get around to posting your regularly scheduled Fuzzy Friday, I remain, yours truly,

-Jayne

No comments: