
Not having the money to hire a professional, Elias set his mind to bringing it down as safely as possible. I must say that I was more than a bit concerned at my post on the breaks of the Tahoe, ready to pull forward if the tree needed more encouragement to fall in the right direction. Luckily that wasn't necessary; just having the ropes tight and Elias' careful use of the chainsaw brought the tree down almost exactly where he wanted it. The sound of the big tree creaking and groaning and cracking and crashing to the ground was horrendous!

That's when we REALLY had to get to work! Only a little bit more remains, then I'll call the city to remove the giant brush pile from our yard.



I don't know what we'll do with the trunk or how we'll get it out of the back yard. Maybe one of the local small sawmills would be willing to take it. For now, Bear thinks it's great fun: a BIG stick!

-Jayne

No comments:
Post a Comment