Monday, May 11, 2009

The Secret



We have a secret, just we three,
The robin, and I, and the sweet cherry-tree;
The bird told the tree, and the tree told me,
And nobody knows it but just us three.


But of course the robin knows it best,
Because she built the--I shan't tell the rest;
And laid the four little--something in it--
I'm afraid I shall tell it every minute.


But if the tree and the robin don't peep,
I'll try my best the secret to keep;
Though I know when the little birds fly about
Then the whole secret will be out.


Ok, so replace "robin" with "housefinch" and "tree" with "ivy," and you've got your missing "Fuzzy Friday" batch of cuteness:



Friday was such a hectic day; the song "Momma said there'd be days like this..." kept running through my head. I had a bunch of baking to do for the canoe team's bake sale and everything was going wrong. The fudge didn't set up right, I had to walk down to the dollar store for evap. milk and choc. chips (had to settle on hersey's kisses, 'cause they didn't have regular chips), and the house was hot with the oven running and the weather humid. I was very happy when Elias called to say he had to go out on a service call in a town half an hour away, and would I like to go with him? The job ended up being a long one, but it was neat to watch how my sweetheart can fix anything, and, of course, I took my knitting with me :) We didn't get home till 6ish, then it was back to the grind. I didn't finish until nearly midnight, but Elias kept me company and read to me from a book we've been reading together, so it wasn't that bad. Sometime this week I'll have a book review for you.

-Jayne

PS: for those who may be concerned, the birdy parents didn't seem to mind me being so close to their babies and it hasn't affected their care of their young at all. I hear them chirruping every now and then throughout the day as the parents arrive with a fresh food. (they're right outside the dinning room window)

No comments: