Friday, December 11, 2009

Fuzzy Friday

Last Friday, I was away from home, visiting my family. While there I managed to get a few pictures of elusive felines of the house, Spice and Ginger. Usually all I ever see of them is a blur of grey fur streaking past a doorway as they scramble to find a hiding place as soon as anyone "unusual" enters their home. This trip, we were able to stay longer than we usually do and had the chance to convince them that we weren't invading monsters.

Spice warmed up the quickest, and even allowed me to pet her. Still, she had reservations. Even while leaning into a scratch behind the ears, she growled and hissed. I tried very hard not to laugh at her bizarre display, knowing how sensitive a cat's pride is, but it really was too funny.



Ginger was a bit more standoff-ish, but did permit me to take a nice picture.



I was allowed withing two feet of her magnificent presence, but her eyes told me that was quite enough. She can look really fierce when she wants to.



My Sister's cat, Sylvester is completely different. He's such an easy-going, accepting kitty. Just hold him and pet him and he'll be your best friend. That's one contented kitty. He also has the most silky soft fur (too bad it's not long enough to spin).



I'm glad to be home to my own animals and I think they were happy to see me too.

Have a great weekend,
Jayne

No comments: