

A jeweler friend of mine (who I used to carve waxes/prepare wax rings for casting for) is doing some research on this beautiful pocket watch. It is dated to 1850's, I can't remember the exact date he said. Anyway, not being very technologically advanced, he asked me to bring my digital camera by and try to get a clear photo of the engraved design then create a larger sketch of it. He is convinced that the pictures on either side are of a fort somewhere and is hoping that with a clear image he can discover more about the watch and perhaps it's maker.
Neat stuff! I'm glad to be a part of a cool project and, as always, it's good to have an excuse to visit his shop and oohh and ahh over all the pretties. You never know what awesome project he's working on (usually several). Often he'll ask me to hold out my hand and drop a stone into it, asking what I think, then with a twinkle in his eye inform me that it's a black diamond or an alexandrite or something that cost over $500 just for the single stone. Fun!
-Jayne

No comments:
Post a Comment