Monday, April 6, 2009

Rennaissance Days Demo

For the last several years a local college has put on a two day medieval themed event. SCA people from a several hour away radius came out to demonstrate their various crafts. There was dancing, theatre, harp-playing, storytelling, spinning, weaving, archery, cheese-making, and camp cooking. The fighting, of course, was the big crowd magnet, with the sound of shields clashing and excitement of the live action. Last year, I missed out on much of the fighting, so this year I decided to skip the other activities and follow my husband around to cheer him on. I'm glad I did, we had a great time together and it was such a lovely, warm day. The fighting scenarios also added an extra level of fun.

I did take many pictures and videos, but cannot upload them today as my batteries are being charged. So to give you a taste, here is the final round of last year's tournament, which my very own Elias won. His opponent, Joe of the Hills is a friend of his; because they're very familiar with each other's fighting styles, they went through five rounds ending in a double-kill before this final bout:


Check back tomorrow for this year's pictures and more details of our fun filled, long, tiring, and exciting day.

-Jayne

No comments: