One of my garden pots from a series of winged vessels I did for my senior thesis show. There was a crack in the back of it, so it didn't make it into the show. I call him my "Strong Man"

This Wednesday: Technology
Ok, you're probably going to look at this and say, "What?"

This is a sculpture I did my first year of art school. It was a project for 2D design exploring the contrast of interior/exterior. I guess I went a bit philosophical with this one and went further than the basic guidelines to contrast industrialization and nature. All the man made elements were found in a dilapidated barn on a piece of land near the college where I loved to go for walks. I think that added an extra bit of irony. No matter what mankind does to control or exploit it, nature just keeps growing. Like water flowing around rocks in a stream, the grass grows up through the concrete and the forest retakes it's ground once a building is abandoned.
Here's a more complete view:

-Jayne

No comments:
Post a Comment