Thursday, June 18, 2009

Thursday Sketch




Stylized horse with celtic designs
4" square, acrylic on watercolor paper

On Ravelry there are often different events and challenges to participate in. I'm gearing myself up to start into my first one, WIP Wrestlemania. (WIP=work in progress) The idea is that during the month of July, we commit to working only on WIP's to get as many of them done as possible. For each finished item points are added to my team (Team Middle Earth). Of course, I'm a reletively new to knitting, so I don't have that many WIPs, but I've cast on 5 new projects this week.

Everybody seems to be showing their team spirit by making new avatars (the image that represents you in the forum pages when you write something). I'm planning on using this painting for that purpose. I've always identified most strongly with the people of Rohan, so I designed something inspired by the Rohirrim banner: a stylized white horse on a green background. I need to edit it to add the team name & I'm ready!

-Jayne

No comments: