I've been trying to post this for quite a while now, but blogger just didn't seem to want to upload the video. Persistence has paid off!
Last Saturday (several Saturdays ago, now) night, we attended a civil war era ball put on by our heritage dancing group. It was great fun as always, and I was very happy to see lots of new younger people. The dance was free of charge (with a jar for donations) and I think that helped some people feel more comfortable just coming out to see what it was all about. Dressing in period attire was encouraged but not required. Of course, I never let such an opportunity get away from me. I love dressing up for these things. We usually get more pictures at balls, but we were all having so much fun, nobody wanted to sit one out to snap any. The only dance Elias and I didn't dance was the broom waltz, which I recorded and present here for your enjoyment:
The broom waltz is a fun, social mixer dance. It's like musical chairs; the men have to switch ladies every time the music stops and can't dance with the same one twice. The odd man out gets to dance with the broom. Hilarity often ensues.
I do wish the video was clearer; If you increase the brightness of your screen, that may help. I guess that's the best it gets from a dim room with my poor little camera. Hopefully, though, it gives you some idea.
I'll look up more pictures of past events to share sometime next week.
Until tomorrow,
-Jayne
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That looked like a fun evening. Matt and I were laughing so hard watching the video.
That dance was too much fun! I loved watching it!!
Post a Comment