
They were sooo very very good! We will be having them again in the near future. The recipe is an Auntie Anne knockoff found here: Recipe Zaar

This time we just had them buttered and salted; next time we'll try the cinnamon and sugar topping. These things sure didn't last long in my house.
Next up is a recipe for flour tortillas. Now I've tried to make tortillas before with no success; but sometimes I really miss those soft, fluffy, fresh tortillas you get in the family run restaurants down south where we lived in Texas. Now I'm sure it'll be a while before I perfect my forming techniques, but the end result was really good. I'll be trying these again in larger quantities and see if they freeze well.

You can find the recipe here: The Homesick Texan
Finally, the Amish white bread which can also found at Recipe Zaar. This is the first time I've baked bread that might really work as a sandwich bread. It was nice and fluffy and sliced well. Of course the first loaf was eaten before it had a chance to cool...with butter and honey....Mmmm!

I'm even more behind on this bake-a-long than I was at the last update; I'm glad there's no deadlines :) I still haven't made the chewy granola bars or the shortbread-pizza cookies. As soon as we can get to the grocery store I'm also picking up some heavy cream to make a caramel apple torte and also some cranberries for the scones.
Happy Baking!
-Jayne

4 comments:
I think you're doing pretty well with the challenge! Your'e baking quite a bit! :) I'm glad you're finding recipes you like. You have done a great job with them!
Hugs!
Kristin
They all look so yummy.
Looks wonderful!!! I love this bake a long thread, it is really getting me to cook a lot more!!!
Yum! I've not done any of the baking, and I so need to. Yours look fantastic! Maybe I'll just come over... ;)
Oh, and I love your painted header!
Post a Comment