Saturday, March 7, 2009

Saturday Spin-in

Today is the monthly get-together for the local fiber artists. We missed last month's due to the ice storm, so this will be the first one since Raven's Nest went out of business. I've missed seeing all the fiber folks! My basket is already packed with WIP's* and FO's* to show off:


I'll be starting on spinning some of this up:


It's Rambouillet roving in the colorway "Hearts" dyed by one of the ladies I'll get to see today. It's going to be my entry into this month's spin-a-long for the Spindlers group on Ravelry. They're a bunch of folks who use spindles to spin rather than wheels. Each month there's a theme announced and the winner gets to pick the next theme. March's theme is "Romance." To me, nothing is more romantic than an English country garden, so I'm thinking roses and lilacs. The name of the colorway works well with the theme too. To add the lilacs in, I'm going to overdye a portion of the roving with grape cool aide and ply that with the rest for a verigated two ply yarn.

Hope you have a fun and relaxing day,
-Jayne

*WIP= Works in Progress
FO= Finished Object

2 comments:

KR said...

I love all your yarn! :) I can't wait to see the romance yarn! Have fun at the spin-in!

Kristin
http://reclaimingthehome.typepad.com

Sarah said...

Your roving looks very lovely. I like your idea for adding in the lilacs.