
That's the theme for this month's spindler's spin-a-long which I finally got started on last Saturday. When I think of romance, images of a large, rambling English country garden comes to mind. Roses and lilacs grow in my imaginary dream garden. A fiber dyed in various shades of red was chosen to represent the roses and a few packets of grape kool aide was to provide the lilacs.

After overdyeing a portion of the fiber with the grape; I realized that was too dark of a color for lilacs. It did turn out a pretty color, so I'm going to use it in this yarn too. To get the pale lavender, I got out some undyed merino roving and tried the kool aide again.

Not quite enough grape here, so I added another packet.

Just right...I've finished spinning the first single and started on the overdyed one. The lavender in the back will provide a nice accent for this three ply yarn.
I'm having fun with this spin-a-long and am already thinking about next month's theme: "Celebration"
Till Tomorrow,
-Jayne

No comments:
Post a Comment