
Precious had her babies this week: twin bucks. Quite a matched pair aren't they; one solid black, the other solid white...Salt & Pepper. Precious gave us a bit of a scare when we arrived the other day. Mr Mac had been expecting that she'd give birth soon, and we could see that she was much thinner, yet she didn't have anybody following her around. Where were they? I sent the girls to look around the hay feeder,the "goat palace," and the hen house...no baby. I thought that perhaps if they were small they could have crawled under the milking shed..not there. We were rather concerned at this point when I heard the hens making a fuss over something in the milking shed. I looked in thinking that one of them had just laid an egg, but, lo and behold, as I opened the door there were two new goat babies. I guess the door must have blown closed while they were napping in there.

These are probably the last of the babies for this year; it doesn't look like the new nanny is pregnant. So our tally for this year is 1 doe and 4 buck kids.



-Jayne

3 comments:
They're all beautiful. :) Welcome to the new little ones!!
hugs!
Kristin
oooh babies! So sweet!
Those babies are so cute!!! Makes me want one...
Post a Comment